Trusted Legal Guidance For Businesses
Whether you are starting a business, preparing to sell one or having a matter that needs legal assistance, you can rely on Wallace & Wallace, LLP. We have helped our clients through every stage of the business life cycle since 1979.
As local business owners, Herb and Craig Wallace reached out to the business community, offering their legal expertise and building strong, long-lasting relationships that continue today. As the Hudson Valley has grown, our reputation for helping businesses has become one of the cornerstones of our firm.
Legal Advice In Buy-Sell Agreements For Small-Business Owners
Buying or selling a business requires expertise in negotiation and contracts. At Wallace & Wallace, LLP, in Poughkeepsie, we have extensive experience working on business purchases and sales, specifically focusing on the needs of the small-business owner, the economic engine of our local economy. We provide these businesses with the legal expertise they need to help fulfill their long- and short-term goals.
The purchase or sale of a business is complicated. In addition to the transfer documents, the deal may involve the negotiation of leases, transfer of liquor licenses, obtaining Board of Health approval(s), UCC filings for the business equipment and myriad other issues. Let the attorneys at Wallace & Wallace, LLP, help you navigate this minefield successfully. We also help clients with the complicated estate planning matters involved in business succession.
We Give Businesses The Guidance They Need To Grow
Our lawyers help provide counsel and transactional assistance with all aspects of our clients’ businesses as they develop and grow, including:
- Contract negotiation
- Contract drafting
- Contract review
- Employee relations
- Best practices
We also are well versed in niche issues such as land use, zoning, commercial leasing and liquor licensing.
Covering Your Needs In Business Litigation
It is common for disputes and litigation to arise in the course of business. We can negotiate on your behalf before the matter gets to court or represent your business in general litigation matters that include:
- Breach of contract litigation
- Personal injury claims
- Employment discrimination
- Criminal defense charges
Need Help With Your Business Startup?
Our New York business law attorneys help clients with all aspects of business formation, including:
- Entity selection: The type of entity you use for your business will impact its tax liabilities and its operating structure, as well as your own potential liability. We will help you determine whether an LLC, LLP, S corp, C-corp, sole proprietorship or another model would be the best entity type for your business. See more information here.
- Business planning: We help clients create comprehensive business plans to delineate business goals, operating agreements, structural models and every other relevant aspect of the business.
- Filing: We help clients with the filing requirements and deadlines.
Our priority is to help your business succeed through a solid framework to protect your interests and future. We are also ready to represent your best interests in court. Your business is in good and committed hands.