Poughkeepsie Business Law Attorneys
- Business Formation
- Liquor License
More Companies Trust Their Business with Us.
Whether you are starting a business, preparing to sell one or have a matter that needs legal assistance, you can rely on Wallace & Wallace. We help our clients through every stage of the business lifecycle.
Building Relationships with Businesses Since 1979: As local business owners, Herb and Craig Wallace reached out to the business community, offering their legal expertise and building strong, long-lasting relationships that continue today. As the Hudson Valley has grown, our reputation for helping businesses has become one of the cornerstones of our firm.
Corporate Buy-Sell Agreements
Buying or selling a business requires expertise in negotiation and contracts. At Wallace & Wallace LLP, we have extensive experience working on business purchases and sales, specifically focusing on the needs of the small business owner, the economic engine in our local economy. We provide these businesses with the legal expertise they need to help fulfill their long- and short-term goals.
The purchase or sale of a business is complicated. In addition to the transfer documents, the deal may involve the negotiation of leases, transfer of liquor licenses, obtaining Board of Health approval(s), UCC filings for the business equipment, and a myriad of other issues. Let the attorneys at Wallace and Wallace LLP help you navigate this minefield successfully.
If you are not interested in selling, but rather passing on your business ownership, we help clients with the complicated estate planning matters involved in business succession.
We Give Businesses the Legal Guidance They Need to Successfully Grow.
Our lawyers help provide counsel and transactional assistance with all aspects of our clients’ businesses as they develop and grow, including:
- Contract negotiation
- Contract drafting
- Contract review
- Employee relations
- Best practices
We also are well versed in niche issues such as land use, zoning, commercial leasing and liquor licensing.
It is common for disputes and litigation to arise in the course of business. We can negotiate on your behalf before the matter gets to court, or represent your business in general litigation matters that include:
- Breach of contract litigation
- Personal injury claims
- Employment discrimination
- Criminal defense charges
Need Help with Your Business Startup?
Our New York business law attorneys help clients with all aspects of business formation, including:
- Entity selection: The type of entity you use for your business will impact its tax liabilities and its operating structure, as well as your own potential liability. We will help you determine whether an LLC, LLP, S-corp, C-corp, sole proprietorship or other model would be the best entity type for your business. See more information here. (link to business start up page)
- Business planning: We help clients create business plans that are comprehensive and effective, and clearly delineate business goals, operating agreements, structural models and every other relevant aspect of the business.
- Filing: We help clients with the filing requirements and deadlines.
Contact Us for a Consultation.
To get in touch with our experienced real estate lawyers, please call 845-473-0900. Our office in the Poughkeepsie Journal News Building is readily accessible.